- This event has passed.
Beltane 2022 (Adults Only)
May 6 at 3:00 pm to May 8 at 3:00 pm
This event is for adults only: 18 Years and older
Fire Made Manifest:
A Dreamy Celebration of Spring
Oak Spirit Sanctuary enthusiastically welcomes you to the first on-land Beltane event in two years! Welcome Home!
- Three Regal Rituals in the theme “Fire Made Manifest”
- Opening night Wine and Cheese Social
- Community Potluck
- Dance Party
- OSS Beltane Traditional Activities: Crowning of “Beltane Royals,” “Shenanigans” Luncheon, Royal Games Competition, Dancing the Maypole
- Magickal Vendors and Art Raffle
- Performance by OSS favorite: Sugar Cyanide
- Workshops: Sex Magick, Morning Yoga, “Learn and Burn” Safety and Practice for Fire Spinners, History of Sacred Sexuality
- Costume contest
This is the basic schedule for your planning purposes. An event booklet with detailed information will be available when you check in at registration.
Registration and Fees:
There is no entry to this event without paid registration.
Online registration is now closed.
At the Gate Full-Price Registration: $70.00
Saturday Full-Price Day Pass At the Gate: $35.00
For those planning to register ‘at the gate’ please note that the gate closes at 10:00 PM on Friday and Saturday nights. See “Gate Hours” below.
Event opens at 3:00 pm on Friday May 6th and event ends at 3:00 pm Sunday May 8th When you arrive please check in at the registration booth.
Gate will close at 10:00 PM Friday and Saturday nights. No entry from 10:00 pm unless other arrangements have been made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Gate opens at 8:00 am Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Special Items to Bring
To participate fully in the event, the following items would be helpful to bring:
- A potluck meal dish for about 10 to 12 people with list of ingredients
- Colorful, fanciful garb for rituals and costume contest: costume masks, flower crowns, face paints, environmentally friendly body glitter
- Drums, shakers, percussive hand instruments, acoustic instruments for singing and chanting around the fire
- Your own fire spinning or glow spinning equipment, cotton clothing and head covering for those spinning fire
- Yoga mat or blanket if you wish to do the morning yoga practice
- Flowers (fake are fine) to help decorate for ritual
- Snacks and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) to share at the Opening Social if you would like to bring some.
The Basics of Camping at OSS
The grounds of OSS are open and do not have designated camping sites as one might expect at a state park campground. You may camp anywhere that is not a ritual or community space. Tent, pull-behind campers, and drivable camping vehicles are all allowed. Camping is rustic: there are no electric or water hook-ups, no flush toilets. Porta-potties are available on site. There is a shower house for hot showers, with both “open air” and a private stall available.
OSS does not offer trash disposal services. Please plan to remove your own trash and recycling. Pets may attend but must be leashed and under control at all times.
If you have accessibility challenges and need more information about the grounds or amenities at OSS or how we can help you, please contact email@example.com.
Ice will be available to purchase on site for $3.00 per bag.
Since this event is outside, numbers of COVID cases in mid-Missouri are dropping, and many people are vaccinated; risks of viral spread seem relatively low. OSS is not requiring proof of vaccination or negative test for entry. However, please be aware that you are attending at your own risk. We ask that you keep in mind your own health and well-being as well as other event attendees. If you have symptoms of illness or a fever, please do not attend this event. If you have paid registration in advance and decide not to attend due to illness, you will receive a full refund. Notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send an email to email@example.com