June 17 at 5:00 pm to June 19 at 3:00 pm
Work Weekends not only help with the upkeep of the land and facilities but are also a great way to get to know other people dedicated to OSS. Working together is a great way to build community.
There will be jobs and or projects for everyone regardless of capabilities. Please don’t think because you can’t do heavy lifting or swing an ax there is no way to contribute.
A work weekend allows for overnight camping as the work day spans Saturday to Sunday.
An Opportunity to Visit Oak Spirit Sanctuary
Even if you are uninterested or unable to work, work weekends provide a great opportunity to visit as there are folks around to answer any questions you may have.
All are welcome!
Attendees are asked to check in with the work day lead, immediately upon arrival to the property.
Guidelines for Work Weekends during Covid-19 precautions:
• Social distancing in effect, 4 ft outdoors and 6 ft indoors. Distance high fives and air hugs are preferred.
• The Retreat Center may pose some close quarters situations, so consider wearing a mask or only participating if you are vaccinated.
• Bring your own food – lunch will not be provided to prevent the possibility of spreading the virus.
• Please don’t attend if you are immune compromised. Your health is more important than anything we might do.
• Please don’t attend if you feel ill in any way. Again, your health is more important.
• Work groups will be restricted to 4 or less or as family/living groups. The group you start will be the group you stay with.
• Attend at your own risk. OSS is taking as many precautions as possible while still holding the event.
As a special thank you and to slightly offset not providing lunch, work voucher values will be doubled during the work weekends until the CDC lifts the Covid-19 precautions.
Overnight camping is free for the day you participate in a work weekend.