- This event has passed.
Samhain At Oak Spirit Sanctuary
October 28, 2022 at 3:00 pm to October 30, 2022 at 3:00 pm
The days are getting shorter. The air is crisp and cool. The wheel of the year turns and brings us Samhain, our last harvest festival. The veil between the worlds is thin. This is a time we come together in community to honor our ancestors while celebrating our spiritual lineages and connection to the land at this family-friendly event.
Featured at this Weekend Event:
Ritual Cycle for Samhain: “The Passion of the Witch:” A Ritual Performance
The intention of this ritual is to heal ancestral trauma. This will be achieved by shedding light on the suffering of our ancestors, then changing the narrative to make a positive association between justice and Karma moving forward.
The ritual is in the form of a semi-interactive play consisting of three parts:
Friday- “The Inquisition”
Saturday- “The Trial”
Sunday- “The Execution”
Attendees will be the ‘town folk’ and are encouraged (but not required) to dress in “1600s–looking” garb.
Activities and workshops:
- Meet and Greet ‘Welcome Home’ Social
- Interactive Ancestor Altar (candles will be provided)
- Pumpkin carving–OSS will provide pumpkins
- Kids costume walk
- Divination Station
- Community Potluck Meal
- Costumed Dance Party
- Community Fire with drumming and chanting
- Workshops include: Wand Making, Numerology, Self-Defense, Addressing Spiritual Trauma, and more!
Online registration is CLOSED
Adults 18 years old and up (Children 17 and younger are free)
Full event: $50.00
Day pass for Saturday: $30.00
Work Day Vouchers
Voucher coupons can be used for up to half off the price of admission. Vouchers may be used for other people. Please bring with you to the event.
Five vouchers (discount of $25.00 for full event) or three vouchers ($15.00 discount for Saturday day pass) may be used for “at the gate” registration.
Work vouchers are earned by participating in OSS Work Days.
Items to bring specific to this event:
- A photo, personal item of remembrance, or Memento Mori for the ancestor altar. We will create a shared display to honor and remember our beloved dead and ancestors. This altar is temporary; for this event only. Any items placed should be taken home when your time at the event ends.
- A potluck dish for about 10 to 12 people with ingredients labeled. This could be a favorite dish one of your ancestors would have made or loved to eat. Please keep your food item appropriately cooled for food safety considerations until cooking or presenting. If you need help with keeping your item cold until needed, let an event organizer know.
- Pumpkin carving tools (optional)– OSS will provide some, but if you have your own tools to bring, that would be helpful.
- Costumes! Wear a costume for the dance party or other seasonal clothing. For the rituals: garb that is like what townsfolk would wear around the 1600s (nice but not required!)
Camping at OSS : General Information
Camping at OSS is rustic and primitive. There are no flush toilets, (porta potties are available,) no electric hook ups or RV waste disposal.
Please note that fall camping can be quite chilly in the evenings and at night. Please bring adequate warm bedding and clothing.
There is an outdoor shower house with hot water, on a cement patio open to the woods. One private shower stall is available. Showers are generally open to “mixed company.”
Pets are allowed but must always be on leashes and owners must clean up pet waste.
OSS does not offer trash or recycling service. If you pack it in, please pack it out.
Fires can only be made in established fire circles. Please do not start new fire circles All fires are sacred and no trash is ever thrown into the fire. Please dispose of your cigarette butts in your own camp trash, not into the fires.
Ice will be available for $3.00 per bag.
COVID transmission outdoors is understood as extremely minimal risk. However, any public gathering will always contain some risk. Please use your own discretion about mask wearing and personal space.
OSS does not require proof of vaccination or negative COVID test results, however, if you feel ill in any way or have had a recent COVID exposure that puts you and others at risk, please do not attend. If you have paid registration in advance and need to cancel due to COVID concerns, a refund will be granted to you. Contact email@example.com to communicate about this issue.
We have answers! Contact info@oakspiritsanctuary