October 22 at 6:00 pm to October 24 at 12:00 am
We are pleased to announce we will be holding this year’s Samhain festival.
Cost of this event is $35.00.
Registration at the Gate. (Cash, Check, and Card)
Day Pass for Friday Dance Party only (No camping) $10.00
Day Pass for Saturday only (No camping) $20.00
If you plan to camp overnight, please be prepared for cool weather camping!
6:00 pm Gates open
8:00 Monster Mash (costume and dance party) If the weather is very cool, the retreat house will be opened–please wear a mask inside.
3:00 pm – Ritual Discussion- what we are doing and how it ties to Samhain by Taz Chance
5:30 pm – Fireside Dinner: bring your food and break bread with your community.
7:00 pm – Samhain Ritual
8:00 pm – Musical performance by Aimee Marie & Luna Hawk
9:00 pm – Bonfire
10:00 pm – Candlelight labyrinth
No programming is planned for Sunday, but you are welcome to camp overnight from Saturday to Sunday. Hike the land, visit the shrine areas, perform your own Samhain observances on the land.
–OSS is a pack in and pack out campsite. Please bring your own trash and recycling bags
September 18 at 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Work Days not only help with the upkeep of the land and facilities but are also a great way to get to know other people dedicated to OSS. Working together is a great way to build community.
There will be jobs and or projects for everyone regardless of capabilities. Please don’t think because you can’t do heavy lifting or swing an ax there is no way to contribute.
Attendees are required to check in with the work day lead, immediately upon arrival to the property.
Guidelines for Work Weekends during Covid-19 precautions:
- Social distancing in effect, 4 ft outdoors and 6 ft indoors. Distance high fives and air hugs are preferred.
- The Retreat Center may pose some close quarters situations, so consider wearing a mask or only participating if you are vaccinated.
- Bring your own food – lunch will not be provided to prevent the possibility of spreading the virus.
- Please don’t attend if you are immune compromised. Your health is more important than anything we might do.
- Please don’t attend if you feel ill in any way. Again, your health is more important.
- Work groups will be restricted to 4 or less or as family/living groups. The group you start will be the group you stay with.
- Attend at your own risk. OSS is taking as many precautions as possible while still holding the event.
As a special thank you and to slightly offset not providing lunch, work voucher values will be doubled during the work weekends until the CDC lifts the Covid-19 precautions.
Overnight camping is free for the day you participate in a work weekend.